Calling all Greek wiki editors! We now have a Greek-language Minecraft Wiki available, in addition to this Greek-language Witcher wiki. Help us make these fine wikis into the valuable resources they can be!
Velerad is a noble who, as the city's burgomeister, governs Vizima, the capital of Temeria. In King Foltest's absence, Velerad holds the highest authority in the city. He was the one with whom Γκέραλτ negotiated the contract for lifting Princess Adda's striga curse. He first appears in the short story "Ο Μάγιστρος".
In Michael Kandel's translation of the short story, his name was changed to "Ethmond".
Στην ταινία και την τηλεοπτική σειρά[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Episodes[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- 08: Rozdroże
Στο παιχνίδι The Witcher[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
In the game, Velerad enjoys the distinction of being the burgomeister of Vizima. He can be found on the ground level of the guardhouse in the Trade Quarter after Gold Rush. The rumors flying around town suggest that he is ineffective in his role and spends most of his days drinking. Or perhaps this is simply the appearance he wishes to maintain.
He is a confidant of Princess Adda and knows about most of the goings on around town, despite what the citizenry considers evidence to the contrary.
In the Polish version of the game, he is voiced by Paweł Szczesny. His English voice actor is unknown.
Συναφείς αποστολές[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
καταχώρηση στο ημερολόγιο[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Velerad governs Vizima, the capital city of Temeria. In Foltest's absence, Velerad holds the highest authority in the city. The burgomeister knows me from long ago, since he was the one with whom I negotiated the contract for lifting Princess Adda's striga curse. Although I don't remember Velerad, I have a vague feeling that he has grown old and taken to drink since we first met. People say that Velerad has lost his authority and doesn't run the city as efficiently as he used to.
- The burgomeister seemed glad to see the striga problem solved. He told me his hands were tied and he could not help me find those guilty of reactivating the curse. I got the impression that Velerad cannot handle the situation now that a rebellion has engulfed Vizima.
Notes[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Technically, Γκέραλτ can sneak out during the banquet and see him at the guardhouse as well. (As of Patch 1.4, this may only be possible near the end of A Posh Reception, after the guests leave, but before you talk to Leuvaarden again.)
- Also, if Γκέραλτ helps the elves during the bank robbery, since the Enhanced Edition, Velerad becomes decidedly hostile (will not consent to a game of poker dice). He did not with previous patches.
- Despite his minor role, he is one of the few characters to appear in all of the following: a short story, the Κόμικς, The Hexer TV series and The Witcher computer game.